There is a lot going on with Mountain Leader Training
My notes (and those of others from today) :
– confidence support : talking to people whilst holding them. contact with one arm is better than 2 as allows for balance from the leader
– confidence rope. z shape hold keep rope taut. elbows in.
– shape, size, sharpeness and stability : anchor point
– overhand knot, with a stopper knot as an adjustable waistloop
– South African abseil lots of friction. only for the leader not for the group
top tip : take a half a seat back before position
– belay point: knots in line, use rucksac to reduce friction.
– ABC anchor belay climbe
Who you are responsible for.
- other public
- next of kin
- people you are representing